Organised by the Infection Prevention Society, the conference aims to bring together infection prevention and control professionals from across the UK and further afield to share and debate best practice, research and discuss the latest issues within the infection prevention field.
Daikin Applied (UK) Ltd
Daikin Applied (UK) Ltd, (formerly McQuay UK Ltd) is the market leader in energy efficient AHU and chiller products and servicing. The dedicated service division, Daikin Applied Service (DAPSUK), has been providing tailored HVAC service and maintenance solutions for over 25 years. With regular maintenance being the key to reliability, the service division’s strength is in working closely with healthcare facility managers to not only maintain the building plant for critical continuous operation but to continuously monitor the systems, with the target of preventative maintenance, reducing downtime and ultimately reducing the building energy usage.
DAPUK has a large manufacturing facility located in Cramlington, where a team of highly skilled engineers manufacture a variety of air handling units from the plug and play Modular heat recovery units to the larger fully bespoke design solutions. The UK manufacturing plant also provides a full supply and installation service across the entire product range and is supported by the head office in Rome, which is responsible for the manufacture of chiller products across Europe.
Both chiller and air handling unit plant systems need to be regularly maintained to ensure smooth, trouble free operation. All plant is critical for the healthcare facility and with a regular service and maintenance; unexpected breakdowns can be reduced by up to 70 per cent with system operation downtime reduced by up to 40 per cent. Chiller maintenance is extensive and whilst the onsite FM team can carry out some basic weekly checks there is a recommendation of four service engineer visits per year covering the following: mechanical checks – such as chilled water checks on flowswitch, air in the system and pressure drop; refrigeration checks such as suction and discharge pressure and superheat and expansion valve operation; electrical inspection such as on wiring, sensors, high pressure switches, operating currents and transducers; and a unit inspection such as fault generation and response monitoring, controls values and settings.
These service areas covered will help ensure that the chiller remains in good working order. Whilst Air Handling Unit maintenance may be considered a more simple service regime, ensuring that filters are clean or replaced on a regular basis, it is also important to check fundamental unit operations such as belt tensions, damper operation and electrical connection tightness to ensure that the unit will operate when it is called for.
As part of any service and maintenance agreement preventative maintenance is the key, however, there are sometimes still unforeseen breakdowns, which for the healthcare sector is a particular issue due to the critical nature of the application. It is imperative that the service provider can put in place corrective actions at the earliest time, which with over 50 in-field service engineers, 24/7 call out response and locally UK stored spares department Daikin Applied Service can cover the healthcare industry needs for the most mission critical installations.
The next step change in service and maintenance will be remote monitoring of plant via Daikin on Site which will enable even greater levels of forward planning of maintenance and remote diagnostics of problems, further reducing downtime of all plant.
- Air Cooled Chillers: Ranges from: 10kW to 2000kW. All air cooled chiller types from scroll and screw technology to high efficient inverter screw chillers.
- Water Cooled Chillers: Ranges from: 20kW to 10MW. All water cooled chiller types from scroll and screw technology to high efficient inverter screw and inverter centrifugal chillers.
- AHU – Modular: Plug a play standard AHU solution with compact design, matched DX condensers and fully integrated controls.
- Ranges from: Modular Wheel - 0.13m3/s up to 4.2m3/s
- Modular plate - 0.13m3/s up to 7m3/s
- Modular Low Height: - 0.07m3/s up to 0.7m3/s for ceiling void applications
- AHU – Professional: Ranges from: full bespoke Air Handling Unit design and manufacture from 0.2m3/s up to 50m3/s (Eurovent Certified). BIM objects available.
- Full service and maintenance department servicing both chillers and AHU with over 50 in-field engineers covering the whole country
- Spares – dedicated spares division for short lead time, fast response service
- Provide full manufacture, supply, factory test, commissioning, field testing, installation and full life time maintenance on all of our products.