Diabetes Professional Care (DPC) is a free-to-attend, CPD-accredited, conference and exhibition for healthcare professionals (HCPs) involved in the prevention, treatment and management of diabetes, and its related conditions.
The DualCap System™
A uniquely designed disinfecting cap system for use on both the male luer connector at the end of the IV tubing and the needle-free valve
RAPID AND ONGOING PROTECTION
The DualCap System™ disinfects the male luer connector and the needle-free valve IN 30 SECONDS and provides a physical barrier to contamination for UP TO 7 DAYS*¹
*Under normal conditions if not removed.
DESIGNED BY NURSES, FOR NURSES
The DualCap System™ was invented by two infusion nurses who understood the unavoidable limitations of “Scrub the Hub.”² The result is the most practical, comprehensive solution to disinfect and protect needle-free valves and male luer connectors.
“SCRUB THE HUB”
- 42 % of needle-free valves are scrubbed inadequately²
- 23% of needle-free valves are never scrubbed²
- Simply twist onto the needle-free valve and male luer connector to disinfect and protect until access is required
- Significantly reduces variability in nursing practice by providing a standard, comprehensive and auditable method for IV connector disinfection²
SUPPORTS INFECTION CONTROL GOALS
IV catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSI) are costly and deadly. Landmark clinical evidence shows that the exposed end of the IV administration set (male luer connector) is more susceptible to contamination than the IV needle-free connector (valve), and routinely causes vascular device cross-contamination.³ In the past, the male luer connector was overlooked as a source of infection and there was no reliably safe way to disinfect it.
Reliable luer-lock design caps stay connected and meet 2011 Infusion Nurses Society (INS) guidelines for add-on devices.
- Durable IV Pole Strips™ are designed to withstand handling from the supply room to the bedside. Each cap is individually attached and sealed to prevent accidental opening, disinfectant loss, or contamination.
- Smooth surface helps prevent caps from snagging and protects the skin from irritation.
- Packaging options include DualCap Solo™, packaged in a dispenser box, and IV Pole Strips™.
Disinfection & Protection System
“SCRUB THE HUB” DUALCAP®
- Disinfects rapidly and automatically at both IV catheter points
- The only male luer connector cap that prevents IPA from entering the fluid path
- Locks in ongoing protection against intravascular infections
- Easy to grasp
- Durable IV Pole Strips™ designed to withstand handling and provide convenient bedside delivery
- Supports infection control goals
1. DualCap® IV Pole Strips™ Disinfectant Caps for Male Luers and Luer Access Valves Instructions for Use. Catheter Connections.
2. Drews FA. An Evaluation of Methods to Reduce IV Catheter Related Bloodstream Infections (Program No. 9-369, APIC 2013 Annual Meeting Scientific Abstracts).
3. Lopansri BK, et al. Does the Partner Matter? (SHEA 2011, Paper 4539).